It doesn’t matter if you drive a truck, car, or SUV, safety always comes first. This is particularly true regarding a car seat for your child.
You don’t intend to be involved in an accident, but you never know if this could happen. With your child in the back seat, you have a lot to think about. Below are five car seat safety mistakes to avoid:
1. Buying a used car seat. This is a possibility, but only if you first do your research to ensure that it meets all safety standards.
2. Placing the car seat in the wrong spot. For example, a car seat should never be placed in the front seat of your vehicle.
3. Incorrect installation. Are you unsure if your car seat is safely installed? Visit a local fire or police department for assistance.
4. Prematurely moving to a booster seat.
5. Using the safety belt too soon. In most cases, a child is not ready for a safety belt until he or she is in the 8 to 12 year old range.
Have you made one of these mistakes in the past? If so, make sure you avoid the same in the future.
If you have any questions regarding the overall safety of your vehicle, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to answer your questions and provide you with professional assistance and repairs. We want you and your passengers to be safe at all times!