It doesn’t matter if you are taking a road trip under the summer sky or during the coldest days of winter, there are a few items you must have in your vehicle at all times. Here are five essentials:
1. GPS system. Gone are the days of using a map. Now, you can rely on a GPS system to ensure that you make it from point A to point B without delay.
Tip: if you don’t have a GPS built into your vehicle, consider a portable system or one that is powered by your smartphone.
2. Emergency kit. From jumper cables to bandages, you should have an emergency kit in your trunk that can get you out of a bind.
3. Food and water. This is particularly true for those long road trips when you don’t want to spend too much time pulled off the road. With the right mix of food and water, you can stay full and hydrated while you continue to rack up the miles.
4. Spare set of keys. Can you think of anything worse than losing your keys while on a road trip? If this happens, it will be a while before you are able to get back on the road. Take a spare set with you to protect against this potential disaster.
5. Cell phone. Even in today’s day and age, there are people who don’t carry a cell phone. You don’t have to be one of them. This is useful for many reasons, including the fact that it acts as a safety device should you get lost or stranded.
Make sure you have these five items in your vehicle before you embark on your next road trip. And of course, don’t hesitate to contact us to have your vehicle inspected before taking off.