Are you hoping that your car lasts forever? While this may not be possible, there are steps you can take to prolong its life. By doing so, you will find yourself saving a lot of money along the way.
Here are five tips to make your car last longer:
1. Change your car’s oil and filter on a regular basis. This is discussed time and time again, however, some continually overlook the importance. Read your owner’s manual for more information on how often you should do this, and then stick to the schedule no matter what.
2. Keep an eye on your tires. Did you know that over or underinflated tires can have an impact on many parts of your car? On top of this, it can impact the actual tires as well as your gas mileage.
3. Visit a mechanic on a regular basis. Just because you don’t see something on the surface doesn’t mean there is nothing wrong with your car. A well qualified mechanic can pinpoint potential problems before they turn into serious and costly repairs.
4. Be observant. When was the last time you gave your car a good “onceover?” You don’t have to spend hours on end inspecting your car, but it never hurts to take a few minutes to walk around your car and see if anything sticks outs.
5. Keep your car clean. Believe it or not, regularly washing and waxing your vehicle will increase its lifespan. No matter if you do it yourself or drive through a carwash, you are getting the same benefit.
By following these five tips, you will find it much easier to extend the life of your vehicle. And that is what you want, right?