It doesn’t matter what type of car you own, nothing changes the fact that there are fluids essential to its performance and longevity.
As an owner, even if you don’t do your own maintenance and repair work, you should be familiar with the many fluids that keep your car running.
1. Motor oil. This is the lifeblood of your car’s engine. In short, motor oil lubricates the engine, which reduces friction and keeps your engine from getting too hot.
If you don’t change your oil as recommended by the manufacturer, you are taking a big risk with the overall health of your vehicle.
2. Transmission fluid. This acts in much the same way as motor oil, keeping your transmission cool and lubricated.
This fluid does not need to be changed nearly as often as motor oil, but there will come a time when this is required.
3. Antifreeze. Not only does this help prevent freezing during cold weather months, but it protects your engine against overheating.
4. Brake fluid. How are you going to stop your car if your brakes aren’t in good working condition? If your brake fluid needs to be changed, don’t delay in doing so. This will keep you safer while on the road.
5. Washer fluid. This has nothing to do with how your car performs, but a lot to do with safety. Make sure you always have enough washer fluid, as you will need this if your windshield gets dirty.
Do you need to change one or more of these fluids? Are you unsure of whether or not your car’s systems are working as they should? Contact FAR to setup a service appointment. We are here to answer all your questions while providing top notch service.