There is no denying the fact that brakes are a key component of any vehicle. Regardless of the make, model, age, or condition, it is essential that your brakes perform in a safe and reliable manner.
Do you get the feeling that your brakes need to be checked? If so, you should not put this off another day.
Here are five signs that you need your brakes checked by a professional:
1. Strange sounds. Do your brakes squeal when you come to a stop? Do you hear a grinding sound? With either sound (among others), there is a good chance your brake pads are worn down and need to be replaced.
2. Pulling. Believe it or not, your car could begin to pull one direction or the other if a caliper is stuck. If this is happening, don’t automatically assume that your vehicle is out of line. It could be your brakes.
3. Delayed braking response. This is a serious problem that could lead to an accident. If your car is not stopping as it should, you need to have your brakes checked immediately.
4. Vibrating brake pedal. If you are getting any sort of feedback through your brake pedal, this could be an indication of warped rotors. Not only can this be annoying as you drive, but it is dangerous as well.
5. Strange feeling when pressing the brake pedal. For example, if your brake pedal goes to the floor before your car begins to stop, this could signify an issue with the hydraulic system.
If any of these signs are present in your vehicle, now is the time to contact FAR to discuss your situation and schedule your brakes to be inspected.