For many people, the act of choosing an auto repair shop is a challenge. Regardless of their wants and needs, they are continually bogged down by unanswered questions. Although this is a big decision, it is not one that should take up too much of your time. Instead, you must know which steps to take to ensure that you are choosing the right shop the first time around.
Here are five tips to consider:
1. Find a shop that has experience with your brand of car. For example, FAR has worked on every make and model imaginable over the years. When you hand your car over to an experienced staff you won’t have anything to worry about.
Note: FAR is factory trained and participates in continuing education.
2. Ask friends and family for a referral. While you may not know which garage is best in your area, it is safe to assume that a few people in your life can point you in the right direction. Also, don’t overlook what referral based sites, such as Angie’s List, have to offer. FAR has an A rating on Angie’s List, and has also been a Super Service Award winner since 2010.
3. Search the Internet. More so today than ever before, you can learn more about a company by simply searching the Internet. From services offered to specials and much more, when you use the Internet to your advantage you will feel better about the decision you are making. The Internet offers a wealth of information. On top of this, it makes information quick and easy to find.
4. Convenience is important. While there is nothing wrong with going out of your way to visit a high quality, reputable auto repair shop, you need it to be convenient to a certain extent.This will save you both time and money when it comes to dropping off and picking up your vehicle.
5. Give the shop a try. Let’s face it: you will never know what a particular shop has to offer until you give it a try. Before you require a sizeable repair, stop by for an oil change, tire rotation, or other routine maintenance service. This will give you the chance to see their work firsthand and determine if the shop is a good fit.
Over the years, we have become known as one of the top auto repair shops in the Fairfax area. From repairs to maintenance, you can be confident that your car is in good hands at all times. Contact FAR to learn more about the services we offer.